How Rent-A-Center Makes Our Used Products Like New
At Rent-A-Center, you can purchase or rent to own new furniture, smartphones, appliances, computers, gaming systems, and more, or you can rent or purchase previously rented items that have been returned to like-new condition. We take great care with each item that’s been returned to ensure it meets our standards—and yours. Here’s how we do that.
- Our experts start out by thoroughly inspecting and cleaning furniture pieces with detergents and fabric cleaners that are designed for the type of fabric in question. Couch cushions and sofas are vacuumed and brushed. Dents on hard surfaces are sanded down and polished. Learn more about how Rent-A-Center restores preowned furniture.
- Pre-rented appliances are professionally cleaned by Rent-A-Center. They are also inspected to make sure they are in great working condition and safe for you and yours. Restoration treatments vary by type of appliance, learn more on how we prep preowned appliances for rent.
- Computers, laptops, and tablets are powered down and unplugged before they are cleaned with an electronics-safe solution. They are also expertly reset to their factory settings and wiped of all the previous renter’s information. Additionally, our staff ensures that computers and electronics are in good working order before putting them out on the sales floor. Learn more about how we restore computers
- First, we make sure the TV or gaming system shows no signs of visible damage. Then, we test it out to make sure it’s in working condition. Additionally, we double check to make sure all accessories, including remotes and HDMI cables are present or accounted for. Learn more about how we restore TVs at Rent-A-Center.
- We check returned phones for cosmetic imperfections. Then, we make sure all the sensitive information is removed and the smartphone is reset to factory settings. Once we clean it with an electronics-safe solution, it’s ready to start its rental lifecycle again (need a new phone?) Learn more about how we restore smartphones before we rent them out again, too!