The Ultimate Guide for Styling a Brown Sofa
Got your heart set on a brown couch? You’re in luck because brown is a timeless, classic color for living room furniture. Plus, brown is a couch color that goes with nearly anything! Get ideas for how to decorate your space with everything from the best throw pillow colors to the perfect rug shades for your brown couch.
Choosing the Perfect Brown Couch
Recliners and chaises and sectionals… oh my! If you have your eye on a new brown couch, it’s vital to choose wisely to maximize the ways you can style your living room around it. You can’t go wrong with a classically shaped couch like the Twombley Sofa and Loveseat in brown. Plus, what wouldn’t go with that gorgeous color?!
Whatever couch you choose, brown is a versatile neutral with endless shade variations (think everything from a light beige to a rich chocolate brown!) that are easy to style. This gives you plenty of options when choosing end tables, coffee tables, throw pillows, and area rugs to go with a brown couch in your home.
The Best Coffee Table to Go with a Brown Couch
When you’re styling your living room with a brown leather couch as the centerpiece, your other furniture plays a significant role in the look and feel of the room. So, what color coffee table and side tables go with a brown couch?
- Brown couch and black coffee table: If you like clean lines and a down-to-earth, traditional vibe, try black side tables like the black Noorbrook table set with your brown couch. These versatile tables can be styled with minimalistic accessories for a modern look, or you can add detailed accents for a traditional vibe.
- Metal coffee table with your brown sofa: If you prefer more visual interest from your coffee and end tables, add character to your living room look with the sophisticated metalwork in the Neimhurst coffee table set. Round out your living room with farmhouse inspired picture frames, mercury glass votives, and a few small plants.
Brown Leather Sofa and End Tables: What Looks Best?
Let’s say modern and sleek isn’t your style. What color coffee table and end tables work with a brown couch for a more classic look?
- Wooden end tables for a brown couch: Try a beautifully finished wooden table set like the Bradley Coffee Table and End Tables by Ashley Signature Furniture. Wood accent furniture and decor can complement the rich brown tones of your new sofa to create a luxurious, cozy feel.
- Marble-look end tables: Nothing says luxury like a marble-look top on your living room end tables. For more masculine, lavish vibes, upgrade to coffee table set with ornate details, dark coloring, and faux-marble table tops.
What’s an easy, affordable way to make your sofa shine and your living room perfectly styled? Lamps, of course! No end table is complete without a lovely lamp to add a splash of light and a touch of elegance.
- Try the Mayka lamp set to bring complementary color, as well as dimension, to your living room decorations.
- Channel modern vibes with the pewter finish of the Shavontae lamp set.
What Color Area Rug Goes with a Brown Couch?
When it comes to textiles like area rugs and throw pillows with a brown couch, you have a few options: complement, contrast, or coordinate!
To complement the warm brown of your sofa, choose colorful pillows and area rugs that also have warm undertones. Check out examples of colors that go with a brown couch:
- Sage green
- Burnt orange
- Mustard yellow
To bring contrast to your living room, choose accent colors with cool undertones. You’ll want these cool colors to blend seamlessly with your brown couch and the rest of your decor, so choose decorative pillows and rugs that are mostly beige or cream, with a pattern that incorporates your accent shade. Here are a few contrasting cool shades for styling your brown couch:
- Soft, light blue
- Faded turquoise
- Moss green
- Dusty lavender
Prefer to use all neutrals in your living room? Easy! Look for throw pillows with browns, blacks, grays, or whites. Go with solid white or cream textured pillows for a clean and simple look. If you’d rather have a pattern on your pillows or rug, choose a bold geometric design to break up the solid brown of your sofa with some texture. (Bonus tip: Some living room furniture packages come with pillows, like the Benchcraft “Alturo-Dune” Sofa Chaise below!)
Find Your New Favorite Brown Couch at Rent-a-Center
Ready to welcome a new brown couch into your home? With Rent-A-Center’s home decor tips and effortlessly stylish rent-to-own sofas and loveseats, no one can stop you from channeling your inner interior designer. Start your rent-to-own furniture order online and enjoy a brand new living room look in no time. With your local Rent-A-Center, delivery and set-up are always free!