How to Host the Best Fantasy Football Draft Party for Cheap
There’s only one play to learn: follow this guide on how to throw a fantasy football draft party. (There are even tips to ensure the non-football fans have fun, too.)
1. Get the Party Started
The best parties begin before the date on the invite. That’s because hosting a great event requires careful planning. For your fantasy football draft party, August or September is a great time frame.
Maybe you’ve also decided that’s a good time to retire the couch with the busted springs and coffee stains. A living room furniture refresh is just a click away. Getting started early gives you time to select the sectional sofa, accent chairs, and accessories that work best with your budget.
2. Know the Players
Which running backs are ready for a breakout season? Does your favorite quarterback still have enough zip left on his downfield pass? Knowledge is (fantasy football drafting) power, so consider waiting until as close to the season as possible for such updates. Doing so will also ensure you’re up-to-date on any late training camp injuries or contract holdouts.
Here’s where the 24-hour sports news cycle helps. When a big pre-season story breaks, catch it on one of our rent-to-own TVs. We’ve drafted our own team of affordable flat-screens, so you can’t go wrong.
TCL 55” UHD 4K ROKU TV
Go from bore to score when you host your next watch party around this 4K TV’s top-notch features:
- WiFi-enabled for hassle-free streaming
- Lifelike resolution with UHD technology
Plus, with the right wi-fi enabled smart TV, you can cast or stream the draft board to the whole room the moment the draft begins. Just make sure you have the right cords to connect your laptop to the TV, or a streaming device like Google Chromecast, Roku, or Fire TV.
Our handy TV shopping guide can help you pick the ultimate draft party TV.
3. Combine Food + Football for the Perfect Match
No list of fantasy football draft party ideas is complete without food and drinks. Leave the fancy cookbook on the shelf. We have yummy, party-pleasing options right here!
- Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers: Possibly the ultimate football party food. Your fellow drafters will drool over these delicious, bite-sized stuffed peppers.
- Lasagna Cupcakes: Wait. Pasta sauce and cupcakes? Yes! This mess-free snack is made with mozzarella, ground beef, pasta sauce, and pastry dough. Each “cupcake” is self-contained, so there’s no need for forks or plates. Just grab and draft!
- The Ultimate Party-Food Buffet: Gameday or draft day — deliciousness is all that matters. This party-food spread of pineapple barbecue meatballs, pigs in a blanket with sauerkraut and swiss, and MUCH more will keep your whole fantasy football league happy, even if they have to rework their roster at the last minute.
4. Practice Your “Ickey Shuffle”
Maybe you want to celebrate a great party, or having selected your dream fantasy football roster. Perhaps you wish to burn off some party snack calories. Whatever the reason, consider busting some great dance moves. These post-touchdown celebratory moves can add a whole other layer of fun to the party!
5. Invite Everyone!
Refreshed living room furniture. A new TV. Fantastic snacks! Pro dance moves. You’ve set the stage for a great party, even for friends who aren’t drafting players for a fantasy football team. So, invite them! Fantasy football is a great way to bring people together, even people who know little about the frustrations of lineup shuffling and fluke injuries.
A Great — and Affordable — Fantasy Football Drafting Party
Make sure your fantasy football draft party scores a touchdown. With the right food, friends, and furniture setup, it will! Submit a no-credit application online or at your local Rent-A-Center and get your home party-ready today!