Football Party Food: Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
Football season is upon us, which means football party food. No tailgating party or homegating shindig is complete without game day snacks. A perfect appetizer for your gathering: bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers. Hot from the oven, these delicious stuffed peppers will, no doubt, be a touchdown.
What you will need:
- 10 jalapeño peppers
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup salsa verde
- Salt and pepper
- 10 slices of bacon
- 20 toothpicks
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds using a spoon.
- Line a large baking sheet with tinfoil and place the peppers on top of the tinfoil.
- Place the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and salsa verde into a mixing bowl. Mix with a spatula until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a spoonful of the cheese mixture into a jalapeño half. Repeat until you have filled all 20 halves with the cheese.
- Cut each of the 10 slices of bacon in half. Place the bacon on a paper towel and microwave for 90 seconds to cook the bacon slightly. Remove the bacon from the microwave and wrap each stuffed pepper with a half slice. Stick toothpicks through the centers of the peppers to keep the bacon in place.
- Bake for 20 minutes, monitoring closely to make sure the peppers don’t burn. Let cool for a few minutes before serving — and enjoy!