Christmas Decorating Ideas: 3 Easy Tabletop Trees
Need easy Christmas decorating ideas? You can turn brown papier-mâché cones from your local art or craft store into festive tabletop trees with just a few simple supplies. Here are three beautiful ways to do that.
What you will need:
- Papier-mâché craft cones
- White paint
- Paintbrush or paint sponge
- Several pieces of white felt
- Glue gun
- Drill or screwdriver
- Battery operated or LED lights
Glitter and Pearl Tree
- White glue
- Parchment paper
- Pearls and/or beads
- Glue gun
Before you begin decorating, paint the exterior of your cone or cones white. Let dry.
How-To: The Felt Tree
- Using your scissors, cut identical teardrop shapes out of white felt.
- Using a hot glue gun, glue the felt pieces with the pointy tip of the teardrop facing down. Start at the bottom of the cone and work your way up and around the cone. At the top of the cone, neatly glue the last few teardrops, wrapping them around the tip.
Ta-da! Your perfectly flocked tree.
How-To: The Illuminated Tree
- Use a drill, screwdriver, or any sharp object to carefully punch holes through your cone. Work in a random fashion until you’ve made a significant number of holes around the cone. Once you’re happy with all the holes, paint the outside of the cone again. Then paint the inside of the cone. (When your cone is illuminated, the interior of the cone is visible.) When the cone is fully dry, place battery-operated or LED lights under the cone to illuminate the tree.
This tree is sure to make your home merry and bright.
How-To: The Glitter and Pearl Tree
- Coat your entire cone in white glue. To do this easily, pour white glue onto a piece of parchment paper and wrap the parchment around the cone.
- Pour a liberal amount of glitter over the glue-covered cone.
- Once the glue/glitter combo is dry, use hot glue to add an assortment of pearls or beads to finish off the tree.
Voila! A tree that sparkles.