When it comes to purchasing electronics, furniture, appliances, computers, and smartphones, you’ve probably asked yourself: Should I use my credit card? Should I put stuff on layaway? Should I forget it because I don’t have the cash today?
These are all good questions, but have you considered rent to own? Here’s why you should.
- No credit card interest. Today’s credit cards charge double-digit interest rates, with 13 percent as the average for fixed-rate cards. For anyone who has less-than-stellar credit, the interest rate will be even higher. Using a credit card means you’ll continually pay accrued interest until your balance reaches zero. When you rent to own, the price you pay doesn’t grow over time.
- You select the way to pay. Rent-A-Center offers three payment options, so you can choose what works best for you. You can pay for an item at the cash price; opt for 90 days same as cash;** or choose to make set weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly payments. When you rent to own, you have a choice on how you pay.
- No waiting. Some stores offer layaway, but that means you have to wait weeks or months to bring your item home. At RAC, you pick the delivery date, and we’ll be there. When you rent to own, you can use your item right away while you pay a little at a time—not after.
- You can change your mind. With RAC, you’re not locked into a long-term contract. If your situation changes and you need more furniture, a larger HDTV, or a newer refrigerator, we can help you upgrade at any time.** Or, if you find you need to stop payments for any reason, you can return the item, freeze your payments, and then resume payments at your convenience.** When you rent to own, you’re never stuck with a product you no longer need or want.
- You’re already pre-approved.** You don’t have to endure a credit check or anxiously wait for the green light to shop. At RAC, you’re pre-approved for purchases.** When you rent to own, you don’t have to wait to shop.
RAC makes it a snap to get the brand-name items you need. You can even start your application online.
**Pre-approved means no credit check and no credit needed. Agreement requires verification of residence, income and four personal references. Delivery and set-up are included, and RAC services and maintains the merchandise while on rent or in New Jersey, for duration stated on agreement; set-up does not include connection of gas appliances. For model upgrades, simply return the product you are currently renting and open a new agreement for another model. You can return your product and freeze your payments. To restart an agreement on a returned product, Rent-A-Center will retain your payment records for two years. Thereafter, simply bring in your last payment receipt for reinstatement. In Vermont, minimum 18-week rental period applies. 90 days same as cash not available in Vermont.