Why “Rent to Own” Makes Sense
When it comes to purchasing electronics, furniture, appliances, computers, and smartphones, you’ve probably asked yourself: Should I use my credit card? Should I put stuff on layaway? Should I forget it because I don’t have the cash today?
These are all good questions, but have you considered rent to own? Here’s why you should.
- No credit card interest. Today’s credit cards charge double-digit interest rates, with 13 percent as the average for fixed-rate cards. For anyone who has less-than-stellar credit, the interest rate will be even higher. Using a credit card means you’ll continually pay accrued interest until your balance reaches zero. When you rent to own, the price you pay doesn’t grow over time.
- You select the way to pay. Rent-A-Center offers three payment options, so you can choose what works best for you. You can pay for an item at the cash price; opt for 90 days same as cash;** or choose to make set weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly payments. When you rent to own, you have a choice on how you pay.
- No waiting. Some stores offer layaway, but that means you have to wait weeks or months to bring your item home. At Rent-A-Center, you pick the delivery date, and we’ll be there. When you rent to own, you can use your item right away while you pay a little at a time—not after.
- You can change your mind. With Rent-A-Center, you’re not locked into a long-term contract. If your situation changes and you need more furniture, a larger HDTV, or a newer refrigerator, we can help you upgrade at any time.** Or, if you find you need to stop payments for any reason, you can return the item, freeze your payments, and then resume payments at your convenience.** When you rent to own, you’re never stuck with a product you no longer need or want.
- You’re already pre-approved.** You don’t have to endure a credit check or anxiously wait for the green light to shop. At Rent-A-Center, you’re pre-approved for purchases.** When you rent to own, you don’t have to wait to shop.
Rent-A-Center makes it a snap to get the brand-name items you need. You can even start your application online.
**Pre-approved means no credit check and no credit options. Agreement requires verification of residence, income and four personal references. Delivery and set-up are included, and Rent-A-Center services and maintains the merchandise while on rent or in New Jersey, for duration stated on agreement; set-up does not include connection of gas appliances. For model upgrades, simply return the product you are currently renting and open a new agreement for another model. You can return your product and freeze your payments. To restart an agreement on a returned product, Rent-A-Center will retain your payment records for two years. Thereafter, simply bring in your last payment receipt for reinstatement. In Vermont, minimum 18-week rental period applies. 90 days same as cash not available in Vermont.