To Buy or Not to Buy: What is Crystal UHD?
Crystal UHD, OLED, LED, QLED, LCD — the list goes on and on. It’s easy to lose yourself in the hunt for a new TV with so many acronyms and definitions. At Rent-A-Center, we believe you should understand your TV purchase so that you can make a better, informed decision for yourself and your family.
If you’ve come for the inside scoop on Crystal UHD, you’re in the right place. Learn about Crystal UHD and whether or not it’s right for you.
What is UHD?
Before understanding how powerful a Crystal UHD TV can be, it’s important to note the basics of standard UHD or “Ultra High Definition.” When you purchase a UHD television, this really just means that your TV has a 4K display resolution (at least 3,840 x 2,160 pixels). This makes 4K resolution four times more powerful than full HD, the now-standard television display, which has around 1,920 x 1,080 pixels across the screen.
What is Samsung Crystal UHD?
The Samsung Crystal UHD television can transform many of your viewing experiences into brilliant 4k resolution — whereas before, this was not always possible. While you may have had 4K resolution, you might not have been able to watch many of your favorite shows or movies in the same capacity. Now, with Samsung’s Crystal UHD TVs, you can transform nearly any scene from any game, movie, or app into the ultimate viewing experience.
The Crystal Display works to produce the vast array of vivid colors needed while the Crystal Processor 4K does the heavy lifting and transforms everything you watch into 4K resolution. Want to hook up your gaming console and see every detail of every color that floats across the screen? This might be the perfect fit for you. We’ve rounded up a few of the best features that the Samsung Crystal UHD TV has to offer.
- 4K Any Time: The Crystal Processor 4K seamlessly transforms everything you watch into 4k resolution. All you need to do is connect the device to one of the HDMI ports, and your experience can go from so-so to extraordinary in a matter of seconds!
- Crystal Display: The crystal display allows you to enjoy crystal clear colors and experience sharp, realistic picture quality.
- Auto Game Mode: If you’re ready to get your gaming on faster, without input lagging or motion blur, the Samsung Crystal UHD TV has you covered there, too!
- Connect to All of Your Household Devices: This TV is compatible with most voice assistants. Sync your Samsung Crystal UHD to Amazon Alexa, Airplay 2, or Google Assistant, and you’re good to go!
- HDR Equipped: The Samsung Crystal UHD TV comes pre-equipped with HDR or “High Dynamic Range,” which lets you enjoy the full contrast between colors— from the darkest of blacks to the lightest of whites. Do an HDR vs. HDTV comparison, and you’ll quickly see that HDR is the optimum option!
- PurColor®: PurColor technology allows your TV to express millions of shades of color for optimal picture performance. While other TVs only focus on the primaries red, green, and blue, PurColor implements secondary colors like magenta, cyan, and yellow.
- The Boundless Design: You’re able to get rid of thick borders around your screen, and instead, enjoy the fully immersive experience of your favorite movies, tv shows, games, and apps.
Various Sizes: Choose from a variety of sizes—from 43” to 75”. If you need a little help finding the right TV size for you, consider factors such as viewing distance, room position, and whether or not it will fit in its designated space.
The Samsung Crystal UHD TV also comes equipped with OneRemote so that you can instantly connect and control all compatible devices, a Universal Guide for a customized viewing experience, and the Clean Cable Solution® to stow away unsightly cords and cables efficiently.
How Does UHD Compare to QLED?
Many modern televisions use what’s called an LED backlight. This light shines through many different layers and ultimately through the LCD (light crystal display) screen. When this happens, the images from the show you’re streaming lights up with vibrant true-to-life colors, and you’re able to enjoy fantastic picture quality.
The QLED, or “quantum light-emitting diode,” adds a layer between the LED backlight and LCD screen. This layer is full of quantum dots, a technology that has broader color palettes for even stronger visual quality. When the LED backlight shines onto all of these quantum dots, they light up your television with bolder, more crisp colors and an overall more extraordinary viewing performance.
While UHD TVs also have LED backlights and LCD screens, they don’t utilize quantum dots. However, UHD TVs have tons of pixels so that you can enjoy a fully loaded viewing experience at one of the highest resolutions around (sometimes even going to 8k resolution). They’re so powerful that QLED TVs often come equipped with UHD technology as well.
So which is better—QLED or UHD? It’s important to note that UHD isn’t as much a type of TV but more so a description of its resolution. So when comparing the two, it’s challenging to settle on just one. They are entirely different technologies that both provide unparalleled viewing quality.
You’ll need to look at the benefits of each option and determine which features are most important to you. Want to learn a little more about the differences between popular display types? Get the bigger picture by comparing QLED, OLED, and UHD!
Bring Home a Samsung TV Today!
Ready to stream your favorite movie, sports game, or TV-show? Make sure you have the right TV for the job! With our budget-friendly prices and payment plans, you could have the next big thing—Crystal UHD! Upgrade your home today with Samsung TVs and more at your local Rent-A-Center.