Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids: Paper Heart Garland
Looking for a Valentine’s Day craft for kids? Your little ones can spread the love with a craft that puts a cute twist on the classic paper chain. These heart garlands are easy to make and fun to share. Get started with these easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions!
What you will need:
- Assortment of colored construction paper
- Hole punch
Valentine’s Day Heart Garland Instructions
1. Using a pencil and a ruler, mark 1-inch wide lines across your piece of paper. Cut along each pencil marking to cut out each of your equal-size paper strips. Make sure you have at least eight strips of paper cut for your garland before moving on to the next step.
2. Working with one strip of paper at a time, fold the strip in half to make a V. Fold the open ends into each other to create a heart shape. Add one staple where the two ends meet to close the heart.
3. Gently squeeze the top of your heart together and punch a hole through the top with your hole punch, making four holes total (one hole at each side, two holes in the middle).
Note: Continue steps two and three for each paper strip.
4. Run a piece a string through each heart. Continue until you’ve strung all the hearts. If necessary, cut the end of your string to size. And now you’re ready to hang your garland on the wall!
Spread the Love with Rent-A-Center this Valentine’s Day
Want to take your Valentine’s Day decorations up a notch? Try out different colored paper or add your own special touch with rhinestones or other decorative items. And if you want to spread the love in other ways this season, Rent-A-Center has all sorts of gift options for those you hold dear. From the newest gaming consoles and high-quality cameras to rent-to-own smartphones. Plus, with our Instant Happiness option, you can apply for instant approval on up to $3,000 in merchandise. Shop online or stop by your local Rent-A-Center today!