Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids: Paper Heart Garland
This Valentine’s Day, your kids can spread the love with a craft that puts a cute twist on the classic paper chain. These heart garlands are easy to make and fun to share.
What you will need:
- Assortment of colored construction paper
- Hole punch
- Using a pencil and a ruler, mark 1-inch wide lines across your piece of paper. Cut along each pencil marking to cut out each of your equal-size paper strips. Make sure you have at least eight strips of paper cut for your garland before moving on to the next step.
- Working with one strip of paper at a time, fold the strip in half to make a V. Fold the open ends into each other to create a heart shape. Add one staple where the two ends meet to close the heart.
- Gently squeeze the top of your heart together and punch a hole through the top with your hole punch, making four holes total (one hole at each side, two holes in the middle).
Note: Continue steps two and three for each paper strip.
- Run a piece a string through each heart. Continue until you’ve strung all the hearts. If necessary, cut the end of your string to size. And now you’re ready to hang your garland on the wall!