Packed with whole grains and fresh strawberries and bananas, this baked oatmeal is a healthy breakfast that you can make ahead to save time. Just reheat in the microwave in the morning and serve. With roughly 6 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein per serving, this is one way to start your day off right.
What you will need:
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 5 cups skim milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pie dish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, mash one of the three bananas. Thinly slice the remaining bananas and strawberries. Set aside.
- In one bowl, add the oats, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg.
- Add in the milk, vanilla, and mashed banana. Mix to combine.
- Gradually add the oat mix into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Add the majority of your sliced strawberries and bananas (saving some for the top of your dish). Gently mix with a spatula or spoon until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into a pie dish. Arrange the remaining sliced fruit on the top, gently pressing each piece into the oatmeal.
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Set aside for a few minutes to allow the dish to slightly cool before serving.
Tip: Cover and refrigerate to enjoy in the morning. If you’re planning to eat your breakfast on the go, use a microwaveable to-go container.