Got an abundance of hard-boiled eggs? Here’s an easy egg salad recipe that puts them to good use.
What you will need:
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1-2 celery sticks
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly toast the sandwich bread.
- If you haven’t yet removed the shell from your hard-boiled eggs, do so now. Dice the celery and chop the hard-boiled eggs. Place in a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise to the bowl, along with ¼ tsp. paprika, ¼ tsp. dry mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together with a fork.
- Once mixed, scoop the egg salad onto one of the toasted bread slices, top with lettuce, and then add the top piece of bread.
Note: For a healthier egg salad sandwich, swap half an avocado for the mayo and use whole wheat bread instead of white.