Valentine’s Day Ideas: An Easy Chocolate Dessert for 2
What’s sweeter than chocolate on Valentine’s Day? Chocolate cake in a mug! If you’re looking for a dessert that’s both decadent and easy, this is it. A minute or so in the microwave will earn you kisses all night.
What you will need:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup + 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. whole milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 microwave-safe mugs
- 2 tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Optional: ice cream and other toppings, like heart-shaped sprinkles
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and oil. Once mixed, pour over the dry ingredients, and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter between two mugs. Top each mug with 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips.
- Microwave one mug at a time, each for 70 seconds on high. After 70 seconds, let the cake rest in the microwave 1-2 minutes before opening the door.
- Before serving, add on any toppings you’d like. Our favorite toppings include ice cream, whipped cream, cherries, and sprinkles.