It’s that time of year again, when pumpkin spice everything hits the shelves. Treat your taste buds to the festive flavors of fall with this delicious recipe for pumpkin spice waffles that’s sure to spruce up your breakfast table.
What you will need:
- Waffle iron
- Electric hand mixer
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ c. coconut oil
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar, packed
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- ½ c. whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. chopped pecans (optional)
- Grease your waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray, then preheat it according to its directions.
- Combine coconut oil, sugar, packed brown sugar, pumpkin puree, whole milk, and egg yolks into a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt, then mix together.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture, and stir together until mixed well.
- In another separate mixing bowl, whip 2 egg whites with a hand mixer.
- Fold the egg whites into the pumpkin and flour mixture.
- Add ½ c. chopped pecans, stirring them into the mixture.
- Use a ladle or measuring cup to portion 1 waffle-sized pours of batter into your waffle iron. Close the lid and cook according to the waffle iron’s instructions.
- Once the waffles are cooked thoroughly, remove them from the waffle iron and briefly let cool. Top with butter, syrup, powdered sugar, more pecans, or other toppings of your choice.