The holidays should be a time of joy, not stress. But stress often comes when money is tight. The solution? Start a holiday savings plan now!
With these monthly tips leading up to the holidays, you can build up funds for gifts, parties, travel, and more to ensure a season filled with holiday cheer.
In September …
- Set limits. Determine how much money you want to spend on gifts. Make a list of recipients, with a spending cap for each.
- Start tracking. Add a line item for holiday purchases to your monthly budget worksheet.
- Dine in. Eat at home, and watch the savings add up.
In October …
- Plan your travel. If you are visiting family for the holidays, start shopping for plane tickets and hotels. Be flexible with dates to get the best prices.
- Pay with cash. Avoid overspending by leaving your credit cards at home — and by making a list of only what you need and sticking to it.
- Start buying gifts. Buying a little at a time helps spread out the spending.
In November …
- Take an inventory. Look for leftover gift wrap, as well as gifts you may have bought ahead of time.
- Shop deals. Big sales happen on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Sign up for our emails to be the first to know about RAC specials.
In December …
- Shop at home. Save your gas money by searching for bargains online.
- Complete your list. As the holidays near, prices usually drop. Take advantage of those sales.
Rent-A-Center makes holiday shopping easy and affordable. And it’s a better way than layaway because you can take everything home the same day. From computers to TVs to smartphones, we have something for everyone on your list. Watch for our Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, to get big brands for even smaller payments. You can also depend on RAC for last-minute gift ideas.