How to Make a Super Cape for Superheroes
Are the tiny superheroes in your life wondering what they will wear to zip into spring? Wonder no longer, masked marvels. A superhero cape is easy to make. This no-sew accessory requires only a few materials and a half hour of your time.
What you will need:
- A small crewneck T-shirt
- Fabric scissors
- Felt pieces in different colors
- Hot glue gun
- Using scissors, cut off the sleeves of the shirt and then cut around the neck band of the T-shirt. Do not cut into the neck band, as it will be how your superhero slips his cape on.
- You will use only the back of the T-shirt for the cape. Fold the back of the T-shirt with the neck hole you cut around in step one in half. Cut diagonally down the back of the shirt, from neck to hem, creating a triangular shape.
- Unfold the shirt. Kapow! The base for your cape.
- Next, cut shapes from the felt pieces. This is where you can really have fun and get creative. Geometric shapes are easy. Your child’s initials make it personal. Or you can download templates from the Internet.
- Using the hot glue gun, adhere the felt shapes to the back of the cape. And — shazam! — your superhero is ready to fly.