Facebook Contest (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Facebook Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (“Entrants”). Employees of Rent-A-Center, Inc. and its subsidiaries, as well as immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. The Facebook Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations, as well as any limitations imposed by Facebook. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants residing in those areas where the Contest is void may participate in the Contest but may not win any prizes. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. All prizes are contingent upon fulfillment of all requirements and rules set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Rent-A-Center, Inc., 5501 Headquarters Dr., Plano, TX 75024, U.S.A.
- Timing: The Facebook Contest begins on October 26, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 26, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: There is one (1) way to enter during the Contest Period and it is free of charge:
- Comment on Facebook Contest post: During the Contest Period, leave a comment on the Contest post. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
Only one entry per person per Facebook profile allowed. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook profile. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Facebook profiles, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Facebook profile used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the Facebook profile by Facebook or other organization responsible for assigning Facebook profile. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Grand Prize Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select the potential Contest winner(s) from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, on or around October 26, 2015, but no later than 5 days after the Contest Period ends. Except where prohibited, the potential winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability, and Publicity Release, which must be received. The potential winner(s) will be notified by a comment from Sponsor on the Facebook Contest post within seven (7) days of selection. Potential winners are then required to follow the posted directions for contacting Sponsor by direct message to redeem the prize. The potential winner will not be notified by private Facebook message from Sponsor. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted; fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability, and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period; or prize is returned as undeliverable, that selected potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the selected potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
- Prizes: Ten (10) Winners: Each winner will receive one (1) $200 American Express Gift Card and two (2) $25 American Express Gift Cards. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $250 USD.
For All Prizes: Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Release: By entrance into the Contest or receipt of any prizes, Entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s and/or winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Entrant’s and/or winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Not Endorsed by Facebook: By participating in this Contest, Entrants and winners acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this Contest. The information you are providing for this Contest is being provided to Sponsor, not to Facebook. Facebook is further included in the term “Released Party” as that term is used herein.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, or stolen communications and/or mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. If the Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes, Arbitration, Forum, and Venue: Except where prohibited, ALL ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE, and AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES OR CLAIMS THAT ARISE UNDER, ARISE OUT OF, OR RELATE IN ANY WAY TO this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved: (1) individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) ONLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED THROUGH THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (“AAA”) AND GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (“FAA”); AND (3) IN THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS TO THE EXCLUSION OF ANY OTHER LOCATION. ENTRANTS FURTHER UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE, and AGREE that: (1) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (3) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrantS and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of TEXAS or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of TEXAS. SUBJECT TO, WITHOUT WAIVING, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE ABOVE, IN THE EVENT THAT THE ABOVE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT IS ADJUDICATED TO BE UNEFORECABLE BY A COURT OF LAW AND/OR IF INVOLVEMENT OF FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS IS SOUGHT OR REQUIRED IN ANY DISPUTES OR CLAIMS BETWEEN THE PARTIES, FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS WITHIN THE STATE OF TEXAS WILL HAVE JURISDICTION OVER ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, WHETHER IN LAW OR EQUITY, THAT ARISE UNDER, ARISE OUT OF, OR RELATE IN ANY WAY TO this Contest or any prize awarded. THE PARTIES CONSENT TO AND AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS. VENUE IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, WHETHER IN FEDERAL OR STATE COURT, WILL BE PROPER AND MANDATORY IN COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS. NOTHING CONTAINED HEREIN WILL BE DEEMED TO BE A WAIVER OF ANY RIGHT THAT MAY EXIST TO REMOVE AN ACTION FILED IN STATE COURT TO FEDERAL COURT.
- Winner List: For a winner list, click here. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
- Name Removal Notification System: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list please call 1-800-422-8186 and your name will be removed within 60 days of the request.