With summer underway, you’ll want to think about capturing all the fun to look back on in years to come. Instead of filling a book with mementos, make a memory jar. Though scrapbooking is fun, jars dedicated to specific events can be displayed on a shelf for a fast reminder of happy days.
What you need:
- Glass jar
- Small mementos (such as sand, shells, rocks, swizzle sticks, ticket stubs, etc.)
- Colorful paper
- Glue stick
- Once you have your supplies and have decided what your jar will be dedicated to — a vacation, day at the beach, a celebration, or special outing — choose a photo as a background for the jar. Use the glue stick to secure the backside of the photo to the inside of the jar.
- Place your mementos into the jar.
- Use stickers and paper cut-outs to make your jar extra special and colorful.
- Create a label that describes the event for the jar. You can glue the label to the inside of the jar or use floss to hang the label (or other mementos) inside the jar — just tie a short piece of floss to the label or memento and then string the other end of the floss around the top of the jar.
- Once you’ve finished decorating the inside of the jar and filling it with memories, decorate the lid of the jar.
- Multiple jars make a really cool display.