Looking for a quick and easy way to liven up your breakfast table? Try this recipe for French toast roll-ups, made with Nutella or cream cheese and fresh fruit.
What you will need:
- 8 slices white bread
- Nutella or cream cheese
- Diced fruits
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. milk
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 heaping tsp. cinnamon
- Rolling pin
- Butter knife
- Trim the crusts off of each slice of bread.
- Use a rolling pin to roll each slice of bread flat.
- Using a butter knife, spread a line of Nutella down the center of each piece of flattened bread. Sprinkle diced fruits of your choice onto the Nutella smear. Or, use cream cheese instead of Nutella!
- Roll each piece of bread up tightly.
- Crack eggs into a small mixing bowl, add milk, and whisk together.
- Melt a small piece of butter in a saucepan.
- Using a pair of tongs, dip each rolled piece of bread into the egg mixture.
- Use the tongs to place each egg-dipped piece of bread into the saucepan. Brown in butter until all sides of the roll-ups are toasted.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and stir until mixed well.
- While the roll-ups are still hot, use the tongs to dip and roll each of them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Let cool, and enjoy!