What you will need:
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- Plastic wrap
- ½ c. flour
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Lemon pepper
- 2 c. chopped asparagus
- 2 lemons, sliced
- Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap, and pound until each piece is about ¾ of an inch thick.
- Place the flour — and salt and pepper to taste — in a shallow dish, and mix together.
- Use a fork to dip each of the chicken breasts into the flour mixture, gently tossing each breast to thoroughly coat all sides.
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, add the chicken, and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes (or until golden brown) while sprinkling each side of the chicken breasts with lemon pepper directly into the skillet. Once cooked thoroughly, transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same large skillet, sauté chopped asparagus for a few minutes until bright green and tender crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. of butter to the skillet. Lay lemon slices flat on the bottom, and cook for a few minutes on each side without stirring until each slice is caramelized and browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To serve, layer asparagus, chicken, and lemon slices onto a plate. Enjoy!